5 Things You Should Know About Liposuction
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that can help remove stubborn fat in certain areas of the body. Flugstad Plastic Surgery created this infographic on five things you should know about liposuction to provide those considering liposuction with more information.
The 5 things you should know about liposuction are:
- While liposuction isn’t a weight loss technique, it can eliminate stubborn fat in those problem areas and make you significantly slimmer.
- Liposuction can slim the abdomen, thighs, and arms, eliminate excess underarm fat to improve breast appearance, and take care of “saddlebags” or “love handles.”
- Liposuction is often used in conjunction with other surgical procedures, such as tummy tuck, breast reduction, thigh lift, arm lift, body lift, and skin removal surgeries.
- In most cases, general anesthesia is recommended, but in smaller cases, local anesthesia can be used.
- Most patients take at least a week off from work after surgical liposuction. If large areas were treated, however, you might need up to two weeks.
To learn more about liposuction, or to schedule a consultation, please contact Flugstad Plastic Surgery.